Q. What's included in OneSearch?
What's not included in OneSearch?
Answered By: Beth Juhl Last Updated: Jun 13, 2022 Views: 10
OneSearch is a merged database of millions of records from many different publishers and sources. It includes records for both physical (print) and online:
- manuscript collections
- theses and dissertations
- audio and video
- conference proceedings
- data sets
- reference encyclopedias and dictionaries
- digitized collections
- student and faculty works
However, OneSearch does not include all the specialized content to be found in all our subject databases. Check our recommended databases by subject list to find
- newspaper articles from databases such as America's News
- company, marketing, and other business data from resources such as Mintel, Mergent, Standard and Poor’s, and IBISWorld
- data sets and statistics from specialized services such as Statista or Data Planet
- full manuscript finding aids (indexes) in ArchivesSpace
In addition, you may wish to use subject databases for greater flexibility and precision with functions such as
- chemical structure searching in SciFinder or Reaxys
- demographic categories such as age group, ethnicity, or gender in resources such as PsycINFO, MEDLINE, and ERIC
- methodological approaches such as qualitative analysis or case study.