Skip to Main Content

Q. Our department has a visiting or affiliated researcher, how can we request library privileges for them?

We would like our colleague to have access to online resources, Interlibrary Loan, and borrowing privileges. 

Answered By: Beth Juhl
Last Updated: Sep 13, 2023     Views: 316

If your college or program wishes to provide campus privileges to a visiting researcher, your HR partner will need to create a record for them as a contingent worker in Workday.

A contingent worker record will generate a UARK email account, which will allow for database and interlibrary loan access and a campus ID card with a 9-digit UARK ID number, which will allow library checkouts. 

After the record is created in Workday, the Libraries should receive the new record within a few days. Library accounts can be verified by logging into My Library Account with email and password.

For questions, please email us at


Related Topics