Q. What is included in QuickSearch?
Answered By: Beth Juhl Last Updated: Oct 17, 2016 Views: 21
A default search in QuickSearch is a keyword search. Results include:
- articles from journals to which we subscribe
- content from participating databases to which we subscribe
- books and ebooks from our catalog or from packages to which we subscribe
- freely available content such as from open access journals or government websites
Use the "Include results from outside your library's collection" option to include records from other library catalogs, articles from journals to which we don't have subscriptions, and records from databases to which we don't subscribe. You can request most of these items via interlibrary loan.
Keep in Mind...
- QuickSearch searches many but not all library resources.
- Comprehensive searches should be done in subject specific databases.
- WorldCat, the union catalog of libraries worldwide, is not included in QuickSearch.