Q. How do I clear my browser cache in Internet Explorer?
Answered By: Beth Juhl Last Updated: May 13, 2016 Views: 150
By default, your web browser stores cookies and other information about sites you visit. Clearing your browser cache is often the easiest way to fix connection issues with library databases.
To clear your cache in Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 11
- Choose Tools > Internet Options from the top menu or the Settings icon
- Choose the General tab and then under Browsing History, the Delete... button.
You may also choose to delete cookies and history at this point.
- Uncheck Preserve Favorites and website data and check Temporary Internet Files and Cookies and website data and then click the Delete button.
- Click OK, close all browser windows and start again
Internet Explorer allows you to set your browser never to cache pages. Selecting this setting may slow down some page loads. However, if you wish to eliminate caching:
- Select: Tools Tools > Internet Options from the top menu or the Settings icon
- On the main General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click Settings
- Under Check for newer images of stored pages select the radio button for Every time I visit the page
- Click OK and then OK again to save your settings