Skip to Main Content

Q. I need access to library resources to complete my thesis or dissertation but I am no longer enrolled. What do I need to do?

Answered By: John Riley
Last Updated: Jun 02, 2016     Views: 105

This is a not uncommon situation, but the Libraries are involved only in the tail end of the process. A request for time extension is initiated by the student’s department and his or her advisor and then must be approved by the Graduate School. Once the Graduate School has approved the request, the department changes the continuing student’s status to “Affiliate” in UAConnect and also indicates that he or she has access to library resources for x amount of time (six months is a typical extension). Once this has been done, the Libraries must be notified in order to update our patron database to indicate that library access has been reinstated.

 The Graduate School’s time extension policy can be found here:



University of Arkansas Libraries
365 N. McIlroy Ave.
Fayetteville, AR 72701-4002
  • Phone: 479-575-4104
  • Toll-free: 866-818-8115
  • Fax: 479-575-6656